New LXC container freezes/command delay (Ubuntun and debian)

Meister177

May 3, 2024
Hey there.

I've a problem with new lxc containers using either debian (12) or ubuntu (22.04). The container freezes after every command/there is a delay.

Config:
2 Cores (Intel i3 12100)
RAM/SWAP: 2048MB
IPv4 static filled
IPv6 static empty
Nesting enabled by default
Unpriviliged container

4 LXCs and 1 VM running.

After the first startup of my new container I login as root. I notice the delay there as well. After entering the username it needs some time to ask for my password. Then the welcome message is shown instantly but the username and directory is again delayed by some seconds.

I tried looking around and found several "fixes". Setting IPv6 to static or slaac and enabling nesting. Both of these settings are correct by default on my machine.
Running systemctl mask systemd-logind. No difference noticable.

I'm relatively new to linux and proxmox so if you ask me to do things please provide some commands or keywords for me :)

Last edited:
I use 3x 4TB HDDs in raidz1-0 for the data and 1x 250GB SSD for proxmox and the vms and lxc.
My machine has 32GB of DDR4 RAM.

Local
Usage 31.57% (21.71 GB of 68.78 GB)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!