[SOLVED] New Feature Qemu-Guest-agent should show ip, but it does not (Windows)

fireon

Distinguished Member
Oct 25, 2010
Austria/Graz
iteas.at
Hello,

thanks for new nice features. It was a good idea to use some more features from guest-agent.
On LinuxVMs the IP-Adresses are shown fine. But on WindowsVMs not. Is this implemented or is there something more confutation in Windows?

pve-manager/5.1-51/96be5354 (running kernel: 4.13.16-2-pve)

Thanks

Hello,

thanks for new nice features. It was a good idea to use some more features from guest-agent.
On LinuxVMs the IP-Adresses are shown fine. But on WindowsVMs not. Is this implemented or is there something more confutation in Windows?

pve-manager/5.1-51/96be5354 (running kernel: 4.13.16-2-pve)

Thanks

Works for me. I did have to download and install the latest qemu-ga files from the fedoraproject.org site though.

Is it also working on Win10?

On my Web GUI the ip addresses for Linux-VMs are there, but for my win10 VMs it's not working.
Also the current RAM-use is wrong at my Win10-VMs.

Proxmox version 5.2-1, win10 with installed guest-agent + activated in options

On my Web GUI the ip addresses for Linux-VMs are there, but for my win10 VMs it's not working.
Also the current RAM-use is wrong at my Win10-VMs.
Then the drivers are not installed. Latest Qemuagent for IP to display and Baloon for Memory.

I have already reinstalled the agent and service is running.
Also the drivers should be installed.

Here a quick screenshot (sorry for german interface):
rwlzl5.png
OjHGivN

I2vhVw6

Thank you tom!

I installed the qemu-ga-x64.msi from your link!
IP-Address is now shown.

Can you also tell me what I've done wrong with the ballooning driver?
In the windows VM it's showing less than 2GB memory use. Web interface shows more than 5GB of memory are in use.

this is a forum thread about the qemu-guest agent. please open a new thread if you have other questions - but before read the docs and search the forum or answers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!