New Ceph 12.2.10 packages for testing

tom

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Aug 29, 2006
We uploaded latest Ceph 12.2.10 packages to our Ceph test repository.

Proxmox Ceph test repo
deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/ceph-luminous stretch test

Changelog
ceph (12.2.10-pve1) stable; urgency=medium
  • New upstream release
    The bluestore_cache_* options are no longer needed. They are replaced by osd_memory_target, defaulting to 4GB. BlueStore will expand and contract its cache to attempt to stay within this limit. Users upgrading should note this is a higher default than the previous bluestore_cache_size of 1GB, so OSDs using BlueStore will use more memory by default.
  • cherry-pick os/bluestore: handle spurious read errors, workaround for http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22464
Testing and feedback is welcome.

Reactions: AlexLup
Bonjour,

I try ceph on my home lab, il order to replace my gluster installation. My first impression was very good. Good performance.
My second impression not so well. Ceph eat a lot of memory.

Ceph-osd Used 600Mo of memory.

I tried to used osd_memory_target , but when a set a value, the OCD won't start again.

If you have a suggestion. If you need some information.

Dark26

Please, if further questions, open up a new thread, as we already have Ceph 12.2.11 out on testing. But besides this, Ceph OSDs need memory to work with, default 1 GB. The memory usage for GlusterFS services might just not be that visible.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!