Network try before committing, and better editing support

felipespint

Sep 8, 2023
Hello folks.

I had some problems with my network, and I thought it would be awesome if I had two features, so I'm leaving a suggestion.

- Make a trial configuration before making it permanent.
I couldn't find anything related to this, but having something like a try button, that will apply the configuration, but will revert back to the original configuration after some time would be great.​
This could be a life saver if I made some mistake and lost access to the server, especially if it is in a remote location.​

- Have better editing support.
I know that having the best network editor is not the main focus, but even something simple like edit the diff file shown below the interfaces before applying, or edit the /etc/network/interfaces via the gui AND having the try condition would be really awesome, and so much painless to test and debug the network.​

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!