Network drop if enabling VLAN aware option

damjank

Apr 2, 2020
Hello,

New node, new hardware - Xeon Gold, HP blade system, Connect X4 network card, 2xSPF28 ports. All connected to ubuquiti network agregation switch. Switch is having setup on ports in question to allow all traffic, tagged and untagged, no blockng created. New installation of Proxmox, upgrade to latest version. I can connect fine, everything is working, even the VM if I create it and run it. Immediately when I enable option of VLAN awareness, and apply settings, network drops out - interface is not available anymore, no more ping. If I go to KVM console, and connect to PX installation, remove VLAN setting, restart networking, it comes back.

So... what is this? Never have I ever encountered this. Any insight, idea?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!