network connection failed on new CT creation

tanveerhabib

Sep 16, 2018
Hello all, dont know why i like proxmox on other virutalization setups. I have installed proxmox fresh installation on my dedicated server having one server main ip and 4 free ips also available for use to create CT. I have created a linux bridge by name of vmbr0 and alloted one IP of those free IP's and then rebooted node to take effect, and then created a CT with another IP of those 4 free IPs. All created successful... CT also started normally with centos OS... But I cannot ssh into the CT it mean there is some issue with the network setup... I have followed the procedure in this thread https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/how-to-add-ip-subnet-27-setup-bridge.35573/ but not succesful...

Can any one help me on this matter as I like proxmox lot. not want to leave it.

Update I can ping the gate way as well as the outside world too when I enter via pct enter 100... But I can't ssh via putty i get network time out error.

Last edited:
Hello, I have solved that problem but now next one don't know i should talk about here or create a new thread.

any way I have ran pveperf and I got this

root@prox:~# pveperf
CPU BOGOMIPS: 39899.64
REGEX/SECOND: 979443
HD SIZE: 885.04 GB (/dev/dm-0)
BUFFERED READS: 94.08 MB/sec
AVERAGE SEEK TIME: 15.03 ms
FSYNCS/SECOND: 56.95
DNS EXT: 64.77 ms

The only thing i am worried about is FSYNCS/SECOND: 56.95, I asked from my datacenter about the IO speed of the sata disk which is connected to my server and they said it is 1.2 GB /s, then why FSYNCS/SECOND is that much low.
===========================================================
root@prox:~# parted /dev/sda 'print'
Model: ATA WDC WD1003FBYX-0 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 1000GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags
1 1049kB 256MB 255MB primary ext2 boot
2 257MB 1000GB 1000GB extended
5 257MB 1000GB 1000GB logical lvm

===============================================================
root@prox:~# lvs
LV VG Attr LSize Pool Origin Data% Meta% Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
root prox-vg -wi-ao---- 899.27g
swap_1 prox-vg -wi-ao---- 32.00g
root@prox:~

waiting for reply

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!