Network Configuration Problems

Lking299

Feb 16, 2023
Hello¡
Could please someone help me with thiss issue?

I have 2 servers with proxmox, in 1 I have virtual machines and the other is empty, what happens is that when I ping a virtual machine from server 1, I don't know why it wants to connect to the ip address of my server 2.
And it creates conflict and I can no longer see the interface of my server 2.
When I disconnect the network cable from server 2, the ping to the virtual machine works

I need to aclarate tha i´m new in this world.

Thanks.

what happens is that when I ping a virtual machine from server 1, I don't know why it wants to connect to the ip address of my server 2.
I am not 100% sure what exactly you mean with that. Could you please clarify further? What commands are you running and what is the output? What would you expect to happen?

Are you sure that there is no IP address conflict (VM has same IP as host) on any of the VMs / Proxmox Nodes? This sounds very much like it.

What you could try is turning off all VMs except one - then try to ping the VM that is running. If that works, turn on the next one and try to ping that one as well. At some point you should encounter the issue with one of the VMs, that should narrow it down.

If that does not yield results please post the network configuration of your hosts:
Code:
cat /etc/network/interfaces
ip route show

I am not 100% sure what exactly you mean with that. Could you please clarify further? What commands are you running and what is the output? What would you expect to happen?

Are you sure that there is no IP address conflict (VM has same IP as host) on any of the VMs / Proxmox Nodes? This sounds very much like it.

What you could try is turning off all VMs except one - then try to ping the VM that is running. If that works, turn on the next one and try to ping that one as well. At some point you should encounter the issue with one of the VMs, that should narrow it down.

If that does not yield results please post the network configuration of your hosts:
Code:
cat /etc/network/interfaces
ip route show
I checked the IP address inte VM and in the host but they are diferents, i tried what you told me turning off the VMs and ping them, i found a VM that has the problem. But is weird because the IP is diferent. Attached the network configurations.

1. Server
Server.jpg

2. VM
Vm.jpg

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!