Network bond0 LACP configuration

Sep 25, 2024
Hello everyone!

Please tell me what the problem could be?

There is a server with a PCI-E card with 2 SFP ports 10/25 GBs installed.

There are 2 Qtech switches in the stack, each of which connects the server to AggregatePort. The ports are configured in trunk. Vlan for hypervisor management is 252.
After installing proxmox 8.2.2, the ens4f0np0 & ens4f1np1 network adapters are visible, but the network does not work. I create a Linux bond interface, the network starts working, access to the proxmox web interface appears from the network, but only until the server is rebooted, after the reboot the network does not work, and the ens4f0np0 & ens4f1np1 interfaces disappear, as if there are no network adapters.
Only disconnecting the power cable from the server helps (when turning off via BMC, the network interfaces are not disconnected), after that the interfaces appear and the network works until the next system reboot.
I tried to configure OVSbond in proxmox, but the problem is identical.
Maybe the problem is in the hardware itself, or the switch configuration? Which way should I dig?

Attachments

• Linux bond no ifaces.jpeg
    Linux bond no ifaces.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Linux bond.jpeg
    Linux bond.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Linux ovs bond no ifaces.jpeg
    Linux ovs bond no ifaces.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 2
  • OVS etc.JPG
    OVS etc.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 2
I don't think it's the switch. Maybe u update the firmware

No, I haven't updated the firmware, the proxmox server has just been installed. The same problem is repeated on another (similar in hardware) server. Please tell me if I am configuring the network correctly? I need the network interface to be in trunk mode, since the virtual machines will be in different subnets, and the hypervisor management interface was in Vlan 252

U are able to update the firmware if pve is already installed. Additional u can pin an older kernel for booting.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!