My Server Hangs

fathinfadillah

Jun 10, 2023
My server computer hangs and can't be accessed. at first boot it can but after a few days it hangs can't be accessed it has to be rebooted and it can come back why is that?

CPU(s)
4 x AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core Processor (1 Socket)
Kernel Version
Linux 5.15.102-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.15.102-1 (2023-03-14T13:48Z)
PVE Manager Version
pve-manager/7.4-3/9002ab8a

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    427.4 KB · Views: 5
i suppose as "Server computer" do you mean the "Proxmox installed on a server" ?
can you give a definition of "hang" ?
- you cant login in the weGui ?
- can you still login to SSH ?
- the VMs are not reachable too ?
a bit more information would be more helpfully

i suppose as "Server computer" do you mean the "Proxmox installed on a server" ?
can you give a definition of "hang" ?
- you cant login in the weGui ?
- can you still login to SSH ?
- the VMs are not reachable too ?
a bit more information would be more helpfully
yes, Proxmox is installed on the server but the server is still active and i can't access it, first boot i can access all of it after a day passed it can't access all of it even though my server is still up

yes, Proxmox is installed on the server but the server is still active and i can't access it, first boot i can access all of it after a day passed it can't access all of it even though my server is still up
Sounds like you used a DHCP address to Proxmox during installation but did not reserve that address for Proxmox on your router. Proxmox assumes the address is static and does not refresh DHCP out of the box.
Can login to the host console (using physical display and keyboard) and show the output of ip a and cat /etc/network/interfaces?

Reactions: pille99
Sounds like you used a DHCP address to Proxmox during installation but did not reserve that address for Proxmox on your router. Proxmox assumes the address is static and does not refresh DHCP out of the box.
Can login to the host console (using physical display and keyboard) and show the output of ip a and cat /etc/network/interfaces?
There is it

Attachments

• 2697DE1A-B3DE-41F2-B2F1-F1B17336F3B9.jpeg
    2697DE1A-B3DE-41F2-B2F1-F1B17336F3B9.jpeg
    473.1 KB · Views: 13
add the following to your config. i am not sure ...

auto enp8s0
iface enp8s0 inet manual

lets five it a try
(maybe somebody knows what the parameter does?)

There is it
Make sure your router reserves 192.168.1.105 for your Proxmox and change from a static configuration to dhcp. Or use a static IP address that is not in the DHCP-range of your router. There are many threads on this forum about this mistake of just using a DHCP address in the installer but not setting up your local network and router to match it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!