My host OS (VM) didn't get the connection from WiFi but my Proxmox was connected

diffsprspctvs

May 11, 2022
I just installed an OS on top of PVE (MacOS Big Sur to be precise). I have a Realtek WiFi dongle USB (RTL8188EU). I have configured my /etc/network/interfaces file with wlan interface set to dhcp with wpa-ssid and wpa-key enabled as well as using allow-hotplug. But if I started my VM, booting up and entered the OS. I found that my OS self-assigned the IP address from vmxnet3 ethernet, although my Proxmox in CLI has connected to the internet.

I have followed the WLAN documentation on Proxmox, but none of them working with the OS :(

Please help, I'm a newbie and didn't know how to bridging the connection between Proxmox and the VM (vmxnet3 ethernet cable) on the OS.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
that sounds a bit weird, how does you /etc/network/interfaces look like?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!