anzedolenc

Dec 16, 2023
Hi,
I have tried cloning my boot drive with the help of clonezilla but with no luck. I don't have any ideas anymore what could it be. Currently I have a 500GG HDD drive and I what to move to 500GB NVME. I am replacing it because my HDD have a lot of bad sectors and 25000 hours. I do not have extra space to back up all of the VMs to another drive and also I have some important settings on root partition.
Thanks for any of the help

I do not have extra space to back up all of the VMs to another drive and also I have some important settings on root partition.
Thats not an excuse. You should always have proper (so recent + multiple + offsite, see 3-2-1 rule...) backups...not just for situations like this...

You could try ddrescue which was made to clone a disk while skipping bad sectors: https://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!