[SOLVED] Move pveproxy/web gui to VLAN interface

Coiffee

Jul 23, 2021
Hello, After putting some thought into it I would like to move my proxmox GUI to another interface.

Here is what I want to accomplish:

Take the gui off of this address 192.168.10.3

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.10.3/24
gateway 192.168.10.1
bridge-ports eno1
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
bridge-vlan-aware yes
bridge-vids 2-4094

and move it to an address on this interface 192.168.20.3

auto vmbr0.20
iface vmbr0.20 inet static
address 192.168.20.0/24

I have tried removing the address and gateway from vmbr0 and setting the proper address like 192.168.20.3/24 with a gateway 192.168.20.1 the gateway is reachable from other computers on that network. Referenced this doc: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-sysadmin.html#_vlan_802_1q

I would also like to point out that I am currently using the beta SDN feature and have created vlan zone for the vlan 20. I also have 3 node cluster and I assume the web interface is separate from the cluster network setup but I am not certain.

I also want to know how the pveproxy chooses what IP to bind to, since it will only choose the 192.168.10.3

Please let me know if anymore information is needed.

Any help is appreciated!

Ha okay looks like I was just not understanding how SDN worked I had made a MGMT network that used the vmbr0.69 VLAN interface.

You have to put the address and gateway on the zone you create if you have it using the VLAN interface haha

to do that just edit /etc/interfaces.d/sdn

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!