Mount ZFS snapshots inside VM

decibel83

Renowned Member
Oct 15, 2008
Hi,
is there a way to mount ZFS snapshots to be accessible from the VM?
I know that snapshots on Proxmox are for the whole disk block and not for the single partition, but I'm wondering if there is a way to let users to access to snapshots themselves without mounting a snapshot from Proxmox.

Thanks!

What is your use case? To restore a file that was present in a snapshot? AFAIK there is no easy solution for this.

but I'm wondering if there is a way to let users to access to snapshots themselves without mounting a snapshot from Proxmox.

From your VM without any access to your PVE, no. With heavy scripting, this is possible.

Best general solution for the problem is to use a ZFS-based SAMBA server and all people are storing their stuff there and can access older versions with default windows shadow copy stuff.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!