mount storage pool

shiblovich

Jan 6, 2022
hello ,
I have hard disk used for " Proxmox server " with size around 12TB has many of virtual machines and backup
I added this hard disk to my current " Proxmox server" and mounted this disk under "/last-system" directory
I need to make this directory as storage pool without losing the data on this hard disk
could you please support !!

So you got an old PVE that isn't working anymore where you used that HDD and now you got a new server and want to reuse that HDD with the data already existing on it?

First question is then if you backuped your /etc/pve folder or otherwise you can't do much with the virtual disks on that HDD if you don't got the config files anymore. Vzdump backups stored on it should be fine to access. But I hope the vzdump backups weren't backups of the guests stored on that disk. In such da case you would loose all your guests and backups at the same time in case the disk dies.

How did you setup that HDD in the old server? LVM? LVM-Thin? ZFS? xfs? etx4? brtfs? Directory storage?
Was it also used as your boot disk?

thank you for fast replay ,
but it was directory storage and i recreate this again using this command
# pvesm add dir my-local-vms --path /last-system
solved

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!