Monitor total bandwidth consumed by VM?

Mecanik

Mar 2, 2017
Hi,

From what I see Proxmox keeps track of total incoming/outgoing traffic, which leads to the question in the title.

Can one get the total bandwidth consumed by the VM? Either via API or some other method?

Thank you

A metrics server like InfluxDB is capable of giving you the raw metrics so you can sum them up.

Thanks, I tought there is something built in to retrieve this since the stats show traffic per hour, etc.

The graphs are done via rrdtool, you can also get the data behinde the graphs from there.
Indeed, after some research I found this. However, again, I thought there might be something built it and easy to use.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!