module dpt_i2o missing

R

rmendes

Hi,

I have a RAID card, Adaptec 2010s, on a server. With Debian Squeeze, everything works, but not with Proxmox 2!

After more research, I realized that the module dpt_i2o allowing the use of this card was missing!

How to install dpt_i2o when installing Proxmox?

Thank you.

PS: I downloaded the last image of proxmox.

Ok, but is it possible to add this module from debian, for example, during install of proxmox ?
Hi,
you can install pve on a direct attached sata-disk, install the build-tools (and kernel headers) and compile the raid-module. After that you must install the module and build an new initrd (with the driver included).
Then you can transfer the disk-content to the raid-volume.

But this need a little bit linux-experiences

Udo

Hi,

I know how to compile the raid module, but for the transfer i don't know how to proceed !

Anybody know ?

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!