Hi all,
I run a small Proxmox VE box at home and got tired of opening the web UI just to check that everything was fine. So I wrote a native macOS app for it. It's called mNas, and since it has been running on my own server for a while now, I thought I'd share it.
To be clear up front: this is not an official Proxmox product and it's not affiliated with Proxmox Server Solutions in any way. It's a personal project I built for my own needs.
What it does:
- Tile dashboard: CPU, memory, disks, containers/VMs, backups, network traffic, share space. Tiles can be resized and rearranged.
- History charts from 1 hour up to 1 year: CPU usage and load, package and per-core temperatures, CPU power draw, memory per container, NVMe/SSD temperatures, disk space.
- Menu bar view with the key tiles, recent backup runs and recent events.
- Backup progress for running vzdump jobs, and results/durations of previous ones.
- Start/stop/restart for containers and services, always behind a confirmation.
- SMART health and wear with a warning threshold, plus a built-in terminal.
What it needs from your server:
- An API token. Full access works with root@pam, or you can create a view-only user with the PVEAuditor role. In that case mNas only shows things and can't change anything.
- SSH is optional. It adds temperatures, fans, SMART, the terminal and the history collector.
- History is optional too. One button installs a small collector: a shell script and a systemd timer that runs once a minute and stores data under /var/lib/mnas-historia. The script ships as plain text in the repo, so you can read it before installing. It never wakes spun-down disks.
Privacy: the app talks only to your server (API on 8006 and optional SSH). It pins the server's self-signed certificate on first connect and refuses to connect if it changes. The API token lives in the macOS keychain. The only other request is a monthly update check, which you can switch off in Settings. No telemetry, no accounts.
Requirements: macOS 26.6 or later, Proxmox VE 9. Apple Silicon.
It's free and MIT licensed. Bug reports, ideas and pull requests are very welcome. I'd be glad if someone takes it further than I would on my own.
Download: https://fractal8.eu/program?p=mnas&lang=en
Source: https://github.com/mikagosz/mNas-Proxmox
Screenshots are from a demo setup with made-up data.



I run a small Proxmox VE box at home and got tired of opening the web UI just to check that everything was fine. So I wrote a native macOS app for it. It's called mNas, and since it has been running on my own server for a while now, I thought I'd share it.
To be clear up front: this is not an official Proxmox product and it's not affiliated with Proxmox Server Solutions in any way. It's a personal project I built for my own needs.
What it does:
- Tile dashboard: CPU, memory, disks, containers/VMs, backups, network traffic, share space. Tiles can be resized and rearranged.
- History charts from 1 hour up to 1 year: CPU usage and load, package and per-core temperatures, CPU power draw, memory per container, NVMe/SSD temperatures, disk space.
- Menu bar view with the key tiles, recent backup runs and recent events.
- Backup progress for running vzdump jobs, and results/durations of previous ones.
- Start/stop/restart for containers and services, always behind a confirmation.
- SMART health and wear with a warning threshold, plus a built-in terminal.
What it needs from your server:
- An API token. Full access works with root@pam, or you can create a view-only user with the PVEAuditor role. In that case mNas only shows things and can't change anything.
- SSH is optional. It adds temperatures, fans, SMART, the terminal and the history collector.
- History is optional too. One button installs a small collector: a shell script and a systemd timer that runs once a minute and stores data under /var/lib/mnas-historia. The script ships as plain text in the repo, so you can read it before installing. It never wakes spun-down disks.
Privacy: the app talks only to your server (API on 8006 and optional SSH). It pins the server's self-signed certificate on first connect and refuses to connect if it changes. The API token lives in the macOS keychain. The only other request is a monthly update check, which you can switch off in Settings. No telemetry, no accounts.
Requirements: macOS 26.6 or later, Proxmox VE 9. Apple Silicon.
It's free and MIT licensed. Bug reports, ideas and pull requests are very welcome. I'd be glad if someone takes it further than I would on my own.
Download: https://fractal8.eu/program?p=mnas&lang=en
Source: https://github.com/mikagosz/mNas-Proxmox
Screenshots are from a demo setup with made-up data.


