mkdir denied when restoring backup

Zyg0te

Mar 13, 2016
I'm trying to restore a backed up container and it throws an error if I specify the the restored container to be unprivileged.

Here is the command:

Code:
pct restore 115 /mnt/pve/ds01/dump/vzdump-lxc-115-2017_03_07-09_14_18.tar.lzo -ignore-unpack-errors 1 -unprivileged -storage prod

The back up is stored on NFS storage.

The errors occur when extracting the backup and it starts throwing permission denied errors like this:

Code:
tar: ./var/www/site/3355-768x576.jpg: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: ./var/www/site: Cannot mkdir: Permission denied

Any idea why this occurs? If I restore without specifying it as unprivileged, it works just fine. I'm assuming its due to the fact that it's the unprivileged user that extracts the tar archive, but I'm not quite sure what the intended solution is. I have restored numerous unpriviliged containers but I only run into issues with CT's that have more than one disk.

Last edited:
the unprivileged user has to have write access on the nfs server

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!