Minimum Hard Drive Requirements for quorum server

Mr.Embedded

Jul 8, 2008
Hi All,

I have a goal of installing proxmox on a very small nettop system for use as a quorum server (proxmox/ceph) for an existing 2 node test cluster. I am currently targeting deployment on a 8GB SSD. While it is known that the installer will choke on deploying to a drive this small, I am wondering if anyone has experience installing Debian on a small drive and then installing the proxmox packages after? Will 8GB be enough or should I not even bother and go for a larger disk?

Thoughts?

If the server is only supposed to contain proxmox and no VM's then 8GB is sufficient. I even think 4GB would suffice which leaves you some space for other stuff.

Hi All,

I have a goal of installing proxmox on a very small nettop system for use as a quorum server (proxmox/ceph) for an existing 2 node test cluster.

Hi,
if I understand you right, the server act as ceph mon-node?

ceph will give warnings if the available disk-space on mon-nodes are too small. With ceph I would use 16GB (for root) min.

Udo

Yes that was the intention. However the hardware on the nettop is not stable and I have scrapped this project. I originally had intended to use an 8gb SSD that was lying around. Thanks for the advice Udo. If this gets picked up again, I'll spring for a larger SSD.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!