Migrating physical machines: problem with SelfImage

Fabrix

Oct 24, 2012
Hello world :)
I'm trying to migrate win7/winXP physical machines to Proxmox 2.2-24.

Discovered on the forum the magical thing of qemu-nbd (consider that I'm a Windows-man, and a Linux newbye!), I've done the following:

- Created a VM with 330 GB HD, in QCOW2 format (the original HDD is 320 Gb)
- qemu-nbd -t /var/lib/vz/images/103/vm-103-disk-1.qcow2 (seems all right, the server starts)
- On the Windows PC installed and started SelfImage, selected 'entire disk' as source and 'NBD' as target, with port 1040

When starting SelfImage, I receive an error:

ESocket Error while trying to connect to "1.104.4.100:1040" with message: Windows socket error: impossibile stabilire la connessione. Rifiuto persistente del computer di destinazione (10061), on API 'connect'

A part of the message is in italian, so this is the translation:

ESocket Error while trying to connect to "1.104.4.100:1040" with message: Windows socket error: impossible to establish a connection. Persistent deny of the destination computer (10061), on API 'connect'

Other useful things:
- The Windows PC has IP 1.104.4.50, the server 1.104.4.100
- I've tried both Win 7 and XP
- I can ping the 1.104.4.100 server from the client

Anyone has an idea about this error?
Thank you!!

use the clonezilla method, always worry-free for me.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!