Migrating physical machines: problem with SelfImage

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Fabrix, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Fabrix

Fabrix New Member

Hello world :)
    I'm trying to migrate win7/winXP physical machines to Proxmox 2.2-24.

Discovered on the forum the magical thing of qemu-nbd (consider that I'm a Windows-man, and a Linux newbye!), I've done the following:

- Created a VM with 330 GB HD, in QCOW2 format (the original HDD is 320 Gb)
    - qemu-nbd -t /var/lib/vz/images/103/vm-103-disk-1.qcow2 (seems all right, the server starts)
    - On the Windows PC installed and started SelfImage, selected 'entire disk' as source and 'NBD' as target, with port 1040

When starting SelfImage, I receive an error:

ESocket Error while trying to connect to "1.104.4.100:1040" with message: Windows socket error: impossibile stabilire la connessione. Rifiuto persistente del computer di destinazione (10061), on API 'connect'

A part of the message is in italian, so this is the translation:

ESocket Error while trying to connect to "1.104.4.100:1040" with message: Windows socket error: impossible to establish a connection. Persistent deny of the destination computer (10061), on API 'connect'

Other useful things:
    - The Windows PC has IP 1.104.4.50, the server 1.104.4.100
    - I've tried both Win 7 and XP
    - I can ping the 1.104.4.100 server from the client

Anyone has an idea about this error?
    Thank you!!

2. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

use the clonezilla method, always worry-free for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice