[SOLVED] Method 'GET /nodes/lan/vzdump/defaults' not implemented(501)

Unbent3949

Sep 27, 2022
Hello guys this is my first time making a post but after scowering the forums and the web, I could not find either someone in the same shoes or a fix to my problem, so I'm going to post it here in hopes someone can help me. I am basically having an issue where one of the 2 servers i have in a cluster does not let me use a good amount of the features that one would normally do, like backups for vms and updates for the server. I also get told that like the title says, I am missing very basic files for the server. This happened when i had to force stop a backup and reboot the server also if it weren't for the 2nd server working just fine, I would not even be able to log into the webgui.
proxmox-ve: 6.2-1 (running kernel: 5.4.34-1-pve)
pve-manager: 6.2-4 (running version: 6.2-4/9824574a) pve-kernel-5.4: 6.2-1 pve-kernel-helper: 6.2-1 pve-kernel-5.4.34-1-pve: 5.4.34-2 ceph: 14.2.22-pve1 ceph-fuse: 14.2.22-pve1 corosync: 3.0.3-pve1 criu: 3.11-3 glusterfs-client: 5.5-3 ifupdown: 0.8.35+pve1 ksm-control-daemon: 1.3-1 libjs-extjs: 6.0.1-10 libknet1: 1.15-pve1 libproxmox-acme-perl: 1.0.3 libpve-access-control: 6.1-1 libpve-apiclient-perl: 3.0-3 libpve-common-perl: 6.1-2 libpve-guest-common-perl: 3.0-10 libpve-http-server-perl: 3.0-5 libpve-storage-perl: 6.1-7 libqb0: 1.0.5-1 libspice-server1: 0.14.2-4~pve6+1 lvm2: 2.03.02-pve4 lxc-pve: 4.0.2-1 lxcfs: 4.0.3-pve2 novnc-pve: 1.1.0-1 proxmox-mini-journalreader: 1.1-1 proxmox-widget-toolkit: 2.2-1 pve-cluster: 6.1-8 pve-container: 3.1-5 pve-docs: 6.2-4 pve-edk2-firmware: 2.20200229-1 pve-firewall: 4.1-2 pve-firmware: 3.1-1 pve-ha-manager: 3.0-9 pve-i18n: 2.1-2 pve-qemu-kvm: 5.0.0-2 pve-xtermjs: 4.3.0-1 qemu-server: 6.2-2 smartmontools: 7.1-pve2 spiceterm: 3.1-1 vncterm: 1.6-1 zfsutils-linux: 0.8.3-pve1

Hi,
what do you mean by missing files? You can run apt install debsums and debsums -s to see if there are any corrupt packages.

Very likely one of your servers just doesn't have the feature yet, because it's not upgraded far enough. Please make sure that you have a valid Proxmox VE repository configured, see here. If you don't have a subscription, use the no-subscription repository. Then you can update with apt update && apt full-upgrade.

Since Proxmox VE 6.x is end-of-life, you should even upgrade to Proxmox VE 7.x, but that has to be planned a bit of course and done after upgrading to the latest version of 6.4. Here is the official guide.

ok i have tried upgrading to 6.4, but I am not getting any details that say that I have updates. Whether I do it from the gui or from the shell i have also tried doing the debsums like you said but that didn't fix anything either. Also by missing files i mean i can't find the folder/files that the error is trying to findScreenshot 2022-09-28 123449.png

ok update i was able to logon to the webgui of the server in question but i am still not getting any prompts to update it to 6.4 any ideas on how i can force it?

ok i got the gist of what's happening. It appears that the main problem is that the servers are running different versions of proxmox ve i also found out that the server that is having this issue did not have the repository files needed to update have i have changed the file to represent the bullseye repository as the documentation has said i am now getting updates from apt but now it is asking to remove proxmox ve. I just want to get a confirmation that it is ok to do this before I go ahead.

Screenshot 2022-09-28 154442.png

i have changed the file to represent the bullseye repository as the documentation has said i am now getting updates from apt but now it is asking to remove proxmox ve. I just want to get a confirmation that it is ok to do this before I go ahead.

No! :eek:
fiona already linked you the PVE-repositories for PVE 6/Debian Buster [1].
Debian Bullseye is PVE 7.
You need to update your current PVE 6/Buster-installation to the most recent PVE 6/Buster-version first.
Only after this is done, you can and should upgrade to PVE 7/Bullseye [2], like fiona also already said and linked to.

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Package_Repositories#_proxmox_ve_6_x_repositories
[2] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_6.x_to_7.0

Reactions: fiona
Alright, I got everything up and running now. Thank you for the save Neobin I could not figure out why when i tried to update my pve6 that it was not showing any available updates this is minor but think with the updates there should have been a change to the source.list file which i never got or it was never implemented none the less everything is back up and running and is working like normal thanks!

Reactions: Neobin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!