[SOLVED] Management interface inaccessible from VPN after changing bridge port.

erngUH

Apr 3, 2024
I had Wireguard setup and everything run fine. But if I change proxmox bridge vmbr0 ports to another port or bond the interface is now inaccessible while using VPN (see chart). Cant ping bridge IP neither but everything else run fine. ip route get output from proxmox to vpn client: 192.168.2.2 via 192.168.0.1 dev vmbr0 src 192.168.0.100 uid 0 cache. Reverted the bridge to default port and all work fine on VPN. I think its a routing issue but don't know how to fix it.
Please help, thanks.

Status chart:
Router, NAS, Proxmox LXCs, VMs connections:Proxmox interface / ping connection:
On LANworkingworking
On VPNworkingworking
On LAN after change bridge portworkingworking
On VPN after change bridge portworkingnot working, unable to ping proxmox

Fixed router setting. Only checked DHCP reserve list and firewall, forgot the hidden IP & MAC Binding tab where I used to bind proxmox IP to previous server. This was before I started using DHCP reserve for my devices.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!