Make an IP restriction

Frenshow

Dec 4, 2020
Hi Guys !

I would like to know if it possible and how to make an IP restriction for a container. Indeed, I use a container for Prometheus and I want to refused access to few IP adress.

Thanks !

hi,

you can set up the firewall rules on the GUI: CT -> Firewall and then add the rules you want.

afterwards CT -> Firewall -> Options -> Firewall: On would enable it

yes, or you can also make an "Alias"

In "IPSet" I configure the IP that I want to allow access but when I enable IP filter and firewall", its doesn't work !

In fact, we don't want IPs that are not in our network to be able to access Prometheus

In "IPSet" I configure the IP that I want to allow access but when I enable IP filter and firewall", its doesn't work !
could you please show the firewall rules you added? (mask your IP)

In fact, we don't want IPs that are not in our network to be able to access Prometheus
you need to:
1. create an IPset for your trusted range
2. add a new rule in CT firewall to allow this IPset as "Source" to any destination
3. add another rule in CT firewall to DROP everything else

I moved forward ! Thanks
Range.jpg
But now I want put a range in IPSet. I would like to know, How can I make it ?

you can write a CIDR there instead of a single IP, f.e. 192.168.0.0/24

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!