Major Issue: critical target error, dev ssd.

Alfie001

Oct 3, 2023
Hi,

I need help!

i cant seem to find why but when i start up my server i get this error:

critical target error, dev ssd, sector 24121784 op 0x1: (WRITE) flages 0x800 phys_seg 1 prio class 2 (this continues 5 times)

/dev/mapper/pve-root: run journal away

/dev/mapper/pve-root: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALY

(i.e., without -a or -p options)

fsck existed with status code 4

the root file system on /dev/mapper/pve-root requires a manual fsck

Look at screenshot for more info

Please help!

Thanks.

Attachments

• Issue 1 server.png
    Issue 1 server.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 6
How would I do that?
I am very new to proxmox.
Are you asking me how to open up your computer and disconnect the drive that you installed Proxmox on? And then how to open another computer and put that drive in there? I would suggest using a screwdriver. Maybe booting a Linux rescue USB (like GParted) is a simpler solution?

Linux has a tool named smartctl that can be used to check the SMART status and to start a self-test. Maybe Windows also has tools for this.
All this is not specific to Proxmox and I'm sure there are guides on the internet.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!