main.cf postfix back to previous configuration

Eric Barreto

Feb 10, 2019
Hello, I have a problem. I need to change the smtp baner in postfix main.cf to agree. However, whenever I change the baner in main.cf and restart the server the old configuration returns where I have the name of the server + Message Gateway that was the configuration made in Proxmox. How to solve this?

@Stoiko Ivanov @tom @dietmar

Hi,

you have to copy the template from `/var/lib/pmg/templates/` to `/etc/pmg/templates/` and make your changes there.
See also 4.3 in the admin guide.
Keep in mind that you have to update the config as well if the original got updated (changes get not synced automatically).

Greetz

You should also be able to change it via GUI 'configuration'->'mail proxy'->'options'->'smtpd banner'

You should also be able to change it via GUI 'configuration'->'mail proxy'->'options'->'smtpd banner'

Thanks for the answer. But I needed to change the whole baner. The Baner configured in the GUI is preceded by the variable that corresponds to the computer name, and this is what I wanted to change. The tip of the @fluxX04 solved my problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!