main.cf postfix back to previous configuration

Discussion in 'Mail Gateway: Installation and configuration' started by Eric Barreto, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Eric Barreto

Eric Barreto New Member

Hello, I have a problem. I need to change the smtp baner in postfix main.cf to agree. However, whenever I change the baner in main.cf and restart the server the old configuration returns where I have the name of the server + Message Gateway that was the configuration made in Proxmox. How to solve this?

@Stoiko Ivanov @tom @dietmar

2. fluxX04

fluxX04 Member

Hi,

you have to copy the template from `/var/lib/pmg/templates/` to `/etc/pmg/templates/` and make your changes there.
    See also 4.3 in the admin guide.
    Keep in mind that you have to update the config as well if the original got updated (changes get not synced automatically).

Greetz

Stoiko Ivanov and Eric Barreto like this.
  3. Eric Barreto

Eric Barreto New Member

4. Stoiko Ivanov

Stoiko Ivanov Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

You should also be able to change it via GUI 'configuration'->'mail proxy'->'options'->'smtpd banner'

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Eric Barreto

Eric Barreto New Member

Thanks for the answer. But I needed to change the whole baner. The Baner configured in the GUI is preceded by the variable that corresponds to the computer name, and this is what I wanted to change. The tip of the @fluxX04 solved my problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice