LXC with URbackup

tkffaul

Apr 8, 2021
So i'm trying to do something unconventional on older hardware. Ill explain where i am and what doesnt work and see if anyone can help me.

I setup ZFS under proxmox and passed it via a mount to an LXC container. I have that working great and Urbackup is backing up into this setup no problem. The issue comes in when I want to access a stored image (VHD). It tries to mount the image and I get a series of errors that cause the LXC to lock up.

traps: ibackup main[729664] general protection fault ip:55589777caf7 sp:7f14767f1700 error:0 in urbackupsrv[5558973d9000+525000]
mnt image[747669]: segfault at 7ff2f1ff90a0 ip 00007ff25b2fcdae sp 00007ff1f17f81d8 error 6 in libc-2.31.so[7ff25b263000+178000]

I converted the LXC to a privileged container and added all the features in an effort to get it to allow for the mount. These same messages are still poping up and again it locks the LXC. Can this be corrected or do I have to try to swing this into a VM. I was hoping to use the light weight design of an LXC to make this work as it does backups super fast like this... I just cant seem to do anything with them after i have the backup. I havent tried a restore yet, but i would also assume if it cant mount it cant restore which would be a problem.

I think good idea to launch urbackup server in VM. I had several problems with TurnkeyDomainControler launched in LXC. Maybe is any idea to launch urbackup inside VM, but with for .VHD backups on network share. Turnkey File Server LXC works well for example. I know, it's look so complicated for production, but maybe is possible?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!