LXC Live Migration with CRIU

hybrid512

Jun 6, 2013
Hi,

I know LXC Live Migration is not supported by now and that it waits for the CRIU project but it seems that things are moving on the CRIU side, even Docker implements it now so is there any timeframe for a fully functionnal CRIU implementation in ProxMox ?

Best regards.

We never publish a schedule for such features, but I expect some progress later this year.

Reactions: bizzarrone
I was wondering what the status of this feature is.

I see in the roadmap at https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap
* live migration with local storage (qemu)

but I do not see LXC live migration. Is CRIU no longer planned or can it be added to the road map ?

I was wondering what the status of this feature is.

I see in the roadmap at https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap
* live migration with local storage (qemu)

but I do not see LXC live migration. Is CRIU no longer planned or can it be added to the road map ?

the live migration with local storage for VMs is implemented (but currently broken in the 5.0 Beta because of the upgrade to Qemu 2.9 ;) should be fixed very soon though). LXC live migration with CRIU is still too far from stable to use.

Hi Dietmar,

Please note that the message up until now has been that CRIU wasn't stable enough and that LXC live migration should be 'fixed' any time soon. In the meantime, CRIU has become stable now and has been integrated in OpenVZ/Virtuozzo 7. If your stance has changed, we would like to know. So, please elaborate on this 'no plans'.

Kind regards,
Pjotter

no plan means that there is no plan to integrate it for Proxmox VE 5.x.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!