LXC container running ubuntu 18.04 connectivity issues

panda8

Jun 30, 2020
SOLVED:
Forgot to set default gateway in container settings. It didn't carry over from vmbridge.

I'm new to this forum and PVE, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I noticed the problem when trying to download java from default repo and it wasn't connecting to archive.ubuntu.com and I also tried nslookup for numerous websites and no response. Container uses host's dns settings. I can neither ping any website or IP, which means its probably not a DNS problem. I can ping the container locally from another pc just fine, but cant ping my computer with the container. Ask questions as needed and help is very appreciated.

Last edited:
hi,

please post your container configuration: pct config CTID

I can ping the container locally from another pc just fine, but cant ping my computer with the container.
sounds like a routing issue. maybe you didn't set the gateway correctly. it'll be visible in the config.

sounds like a routing issue. maybe you didn't set the gateway correctly. it'll be visible in the config.

I have edited the OP now, when configuring the container I checked off DHCP assuming it will also add the default gateway, but it didn't so I set it to manual and put in the gateway and ipv4. Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!