Lost data after power cut

Obednal1

Feb 14, 2023
Background:
One 4TB HDD partitioned for home network
Setup multiple VM's and Containers
After a power cut, all my vm's and containers came back online, bar one - Plex Media Server
Proxmox gave me the following error when trying to start the server
Code:
run_buffer: 321 Script exited with status 9
lxc_init: 847 Failed to run lxc.hook.pre-start for container "107"
__lxc_start: 2008 Failed to initialize container "107"
TASK ERROR: startup for container '107' failed

After reading other forums I found that removing the mounted storage file vm-107-disk-1.raw on /mnt/pve/NetworkStorage connected via dev/sdb3 from the Plex server would enable me to start it up again

This worked and I could login to plex, although of course as I detached the storage file I was unable to access any of my media

When trying to add the storage file back it gave me the same error when trying to start the server

Really hoping I haven't lost 850GB worth of data

Here's an old thread from when I was setting it up incase it provides any further info
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/data-container-from-ext-hdd-plex-proxmox.122723/

Massively appreciate any and all support on fixing this

1691527260399.png

Update:

I was able to mount the storage file by adjusting the 107.conf to
mp0: NetworkStorage:107/vm-107-disk-1.raw,mp=/mnt/media/,size=2000G

unfortunately, it's still not showing the files where I would expect to find them in /mnt/media/

Ran this on the Plex server, I guess this suggests the entire data is lost/missing, Maybe something I did after the power cut

1691528814726.png

There wasn't a solution to this because I now know what I was storing data on before was a virtual drive space, instead of the physical drive being bind-mounted which is what I have now

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!