Local-lvm (storage) and VM format

do you have the package 'thin-provisioning-tools' installed?
you can install it with:
Code:
apt-get install thin-provisioning-tools

Hi dcsapak!! you are great too, like the other guys, i installed and now i can use vgchange -ay but then i try to mount and i received an error that is write protected : ' (

upload_2016-6-10_8-52-52.png

There is a partition table on the volume. You need to load the volume with kpartx to get the "real" partitions as

Code:
/dev/pve/vm-300-disk-1p1

Hi everybody!!! I did it and works!!! with kpartx

To get the name of your logical volume i used

lvdisplay
then run kpartx
kpartx -a /dev/pve/vm-300-disk-1
and woala!!!!! I can see the virtual machine files,

Thanks a lot

Regards!!!

upload_2016-6-10_16-23-19.png

Hi,
doday I make a new install with the 4.2 iso like some others here.
I needed hours to find out that there is (probably) no error, with the missing mount point .. etc.
to look through again, as some others I installed the 4.1 again ... etc.
I'm not sure if it is a good idea, so carry out a fundamental change in a given release
Regards,
maxprox

Hi, What do you mean when you say Missing Mount Point?,

When you installed proxmox 4.2 it install a local volume storage 100 gb for proxmox OS and any iso or backup you want, then too it installed a local-lvm (lvm Thin) it is a logical volume too but inside he'll has all your virtual machines,
Proxmox previous versions use a image file for every virtual machine,

Regards,

after the installation for /var/lib/vz
there was no mount point I can see, not with the command mount and not with the command df -h
and there was no line for it in the /etc/fstab

and because I get one error with the dvd-rom drive at the beginning of the installation, I thought this was the reason for it
and I thought I only need 15minutes for a proxmox installation. :-((

Last edited:
Hi guys, Is there a way to change the Bus type IDE to Virtio, i create my vm but i used ide :( and i need better performance, but i don't want to install a new vm to fix my mistake.

Regards

hello, I just remove the LV thin (using lvremove by CLI) and extend and resize the LV /dev/pve/root so the local storage use that space. It's that wrong ?
Sorry about my english :)
Thank you !

why i can't chose other content type like ISO / VZDump at Lvm-Thin?
because lvm-thin is a block type storage which can not hold files by default

you could create a logical volume inside, create a filesystem and use it as directory storage -> there you can store isos and backups

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!