- But after sync successfully
1593422266598.png
Group doesn't include user
1593422319898.png
1593422338843.png

This is my setting of ldap authen
1593422605482.png

1593422618134.png

Expected like this (I add group of user by hand)
1593422495596.png

How can i keep groups of user after sync to Proxmox . I want to set permission to group.
Tks for reading

hi,

what about groupname attr ?

I am running Proxmox 6.0-4 and would also like to login to proxmox using LDAP.May anyone please send me a link with the steps to do this inside the Proxmox 6 environment.

Im using LDAP for authentication user for proxmox
All user and group sync from LDAP to Proxmox successfully
But user's group cannot mapping in proxmox
- LDAP:
View attachment 18195
- But after sync successfully
View attachment 18196
Group doesn't include user
View attachment 18197
View attachment 18198

This is my setting of ldap authen
View attachment 18200

View attachment 18201

Expected like this (I add group of user by hand)
View attachment 18199

How can i keep groups of user after sync to Proxmox . I want to set permission to group.
Tks for reading
Have same problem. Did you find a solution?

We have been having the same problem using LDAP-account-manager, we can fetch the users and groups but no users are added to the groups, and if we add them manually they are gone after a resync. We read in another forum post that there is a way to change the LDAP.pm file to read 'memberUid' which will then work with the 'posixGroup' group class, but my perl5 knowledge is 0.

Is there an update to this or anything added to the new 7.4 release to access this option via GUI. we'd rather not change the LDAP.pm file if possible.

you need to following attributes
groupMembershipAttributes
try groupname attribute
from the documentation:
Groupname attr. (group_name_attr): Represents the users' groups. Only entries which adhere to the usual character limitations of the user.cfg are synced. Groups are synced with -$realm attached to the name, in order to avoid naming conflicts. Please ensure that a sync does not overwrite manually created groups.

Groups are synced with -$realm attached to the name, in order to avoid naming conflicts. Please ensure that a sync does not overwrite manually created groups.
Good news for this part, i created a group manually and it wasn't lost after a resync and the user stayed attached to the group.

you need to following attributes
groupMembershipAttributes
Do you know of any documentation that shows how to add this?

try groupname attribute
in 'sub get_groups' there is 'my $attr = $config->{group_name_attr};' Is this what you are referring to?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!