kernel module fuse for lxc

:~# sshfs root@lala.la:/var/lib/vz/dump/ /mnt/lala/
fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first
:~# modprobe fuse
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:557 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.2.6-1-pve/modules.dep.bin'

...back to #12 of the thread, just that the err now is line 557 instead of 556 in ../libkmod/libkmod.c

For the record:

mknod -m 666 /dev/fuse c 10 229

worked, even though ive seen this somewhere else and ignored it, it works.
secondly, i ran

modprobe fuse

on the root (not the container) also.

To re-cap i did both of those. it worked!
PS:
4.6.2-1-pve

Using fuse inside the container is problematic as fuse and the kernel freezer mechanism don't work together. If you really absolutely need to use fuse mounts inside a container, don't try to use snapshot backups or lxc-freeze on those containers, or you will end up with hanging containers. A possible alternative would be to establish the fuse mount on the host, and then bind mount it into the container with an mpX entry in the container config, but this is not well tested (feedback welcome, as always!).

well, after 1 restart i lost my fuse system, cuase it must be rebuilt every start, i was doing it so i could connect the different nodes i have into a single folder structure using sshfs on top of fuse, and that worked great, til i restarted.

Im literally considering writing my own solution in php or something and use ssh to put the actual sync together.
syncing files between nodes is hard. :p

and to help people and the staff here, given the glue that holds things together, staff is corrent about fuse and proxmox, not worth the trouble.
Proxmox is a life saver, Fuse is a cute toy.

If you need shared folders, consider using proper network storage (preferred) or bind mounts.

I program in 20+ languages been using linux for 10+ years, and have many live production servers running, and i still have very little clue what or how that is accomplished,

If you could provide info/links to these two options, I would be very greatful

Enable "FUSE" on Container options in GUI.
How is that working w. the latest PVE Ver. 7 and a Deb11 CT?
Works fine on host but still generates error from inside CT (with enabled Option, Feature "fuse=1") :

modprobe: FATAL: Module fuse not found in directory /lib/modules/5.11.22-4-pve

I'd like to sshfs out, from within the CT
Cheers,
~R.

Last edited:
you need to LOAD the module on the host first.

Reactions: Riesling.Dry
where do I get the mode and how do I load the host

Regards ,
Calin

is x2go running in a KVM or LXC ? We use KVM with Debian stable , and fuse module is just there.

for kvm check modules loaded with
Code:
lsmod|sort|less

if you are using LXC run the above command on the pve host. prehaps just loading the fuse module on host will fix. someone else will have to help if not.

also see
Bash:
man modprobe

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!