kernel-headers-3.10.0-957.10.1 FAILED (On Centos7 CT)

Darin2020

Apr 2, 2019
ftp.uninett.no/centos/7.6.1810/updates/x86_64/Packages/kernel-headers-3.10.0-957.10.1.el7.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] curl#56 - "Recv failure: Connection reset by peer"
Trying other mirror.

Error downloading packages:
kernel-headers-3.10.0-957.10.1.el7.x86_64: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I run into the issue when I try to yum install gcc, or in this instance openproject (fails attempting to wizard configure). Quite a few pieces of software fail in the CentOS7 container environment. What am I doing wrong that it will not update. New Proxmox install (April 2019). Installs fine if I use D.O. but so much attempted software has failed due to above error. Help?!

Solved it myself. For whatever reason the CentOS7 LXC doesn't pull the file. I found a link to the headers RPM on google.
Then yum install //rpmfind.net/linux/centos/7.6.1810/updates/x86_64/Packages/kernel-headers-3.10.0-957.10.1.el7.x86_64.rpm

I'm new so could not put http: in front of address

Solved it myself. For whatever reason the CentOS7 LXC doesn't pull the file. I found a link to the headers RPM on google.
Then yum install //rpmfind.net/linux/centos/7.6.1810/updates/x86_64/Packages/kernel-headers-3.10.0-957.10.1.el7.x86_64.rpm

I'm new so could not put http: in front of address
Hi,
I assume that the LXC-centos don't pull the package, because it's use the kernel of the host. So the kernel-header of 3.10 are useless.

And with the right kernel header you can't insert modules inside the guest...

Udo

Hi,
I assume that the LXC-centos don't pull the package, because it's use the kernel of the host. So the kernel-header of 3.10 are useless.

And with the right kernel header you can't insert modules inside the guest...

Udo
You are absolutely correct, it doesn't pull it for some reason which blocked me from building and installing just about everything.
Doing it manually with the above link ran fine. Installed the 3.10 headers and I am now able to configure, install, make builds with no more issues. I now have the functional CentOS7 template I needed, no complaints.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!