Kernel 5.4.73-1-pve missing QLogic Driver

mlhb

Jun 23, 2021
Hello,

I currently have my main Proxmox Node installed on a DELL PowerEdge R7525 (Jul 2020), which has two QLogic network cards installed (see info below). After upgrading to kernel version 5.4.73-1 from 5.4.65-1 the drivers went missing, causing the whole hypervisor to be unavailable. Is there any reason for that and could it please be fixed with the next update.

Network Interfaces:

Code:
63:00.0 Ethernet controller: QLogic Corp. FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE Controller (rev 02)
63:00.1 Ethernet controller: QLogic Corp. FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE Controller (rev 02)

Thanks for any answers in advance!

Currently there are a few newer kernel images for the pve-kernel-5.4 series available - the latest being pve-kernel-5.4.124-1-pve (this one's only in the pvetest repository)

Do the Qlogic cards work with any newer kernel?
if not - please compare the output of dmesg from the working kernel with the one from the newest (not-working) kernel - this should help in narrowing down the issue

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!