Join cluster from different network

AdryMS

Mar 11, 2021
Hello i want to ask
i've got 4 nodes on my cluster on ip 10.10.30.x
and i got new hardware on new location using ip 10.10.50.x

does it possible 10.10.50.x join cluster on 10.10.30.x? currently 10.10.50.x only 1 device and i still not create the cluster yet
and i already read the documentation on https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.pdf on section 5.4.3
and i don't understand, should i create new network on main nodes (cluster) vmbr1?on that documentation i should execute
pvecm add 10.10.30.x -link0 10.10.50.x(ipnodes)-LINK0 or what? sorry for bad english

Your text really is confusing, so I will just tell you that, do NOT add new nodes to the same cluster, if they are not in the same data center.
It is asking for trouble with network outages and latency.

If you need to migrate VMs, just use ZFS with pve-zsync, etc.

Regards,
M.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!