It takes time to access the PVE and application web interface

ivanildolb

Jan 7, 2022
Piauí - Brasil
Hello everyone !!

I use PVE 7.1 (no-subscription) and I've been facing an annoying problem related to the applications' web interface... The question is the following: when I spend a certain amount of time (over 48h, on average) without accessing the web interface of any application or the Web GUI of Proxmox, I always face a huge slowdown, it's as if the web server was "sleeping" and not responding. You have to reload the page several times to be able to access the service. However, once access is successful, other times there is no delay, it works normally. Interestingly, this problem always occurs, even though everything is ok with the VM, CT and services hosted on them, including the web server.

Has anyone been through something like this, would you know how to tell me what is causing this and how to fix it? I would be very grateful !

Hello,

odd, do you have maybe a ha proxy in your PVE server? have you checked the Syslog/journalctl when the slowdown occurs?

So I don't use proxy on my PVE nor on my LAN. No syslog / journalctl displays no warnings or errors. The firewall on my server and VMs are all disabled, I don't know what's happening...

Could you please check for systemctl status pvedaemon.service and systemctl status pveproxy.service when the issue occurs again, or restart that services will help?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!