[SOLVED] Issue setting up influxdb

Usul

Jun 2, 2020
To my understanding, to send metrics data you need to follow these instructions : https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/External_Metric_Server

I have followed these on one of my machines :

root@xxx.xxx.xxx:~# cat /etc/pve/status.cfg
influxdb: xxxxxx
server 172.30.x.xx
port 8089

xxx are obvious obfuscation.

I've restarted proxmox and I'm not seeing any udp traffic to my server on port 8089. Is there anything else I should do? Where are the logs that I should be looking at as I'm not seeing anything in the logs.

Thanks.

@Usul I have run in same issue. Documentation has extra whitespace before first line, so copy&paste don't work.

Thanks for pointing out your solution, it really helped. Detailed error message was in logs when restarted pvestatd. Please mark thread as Solved.

@Usul I have run in same issue. Documentation has extra whitespace before first line, so copy&paste don't work.

Thanks for pointing out your solution, it really helped. Detailed error message was in logs when restarted pvestatd. Please mark thread as Solved.

Did you edit the wiki ?

Last edited:
is it just me or is it crazy that spacing was the solution to this issue? i searched and searched late last week and just stumbled on this from a different post actually. there should be a very bold disclaimer that the spacing is key to this working.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!