ISOs

pls tell in detail what you did and what you expect.

The mounted storage needs a sub-dir named /template/iso/ - move all iso images to that directory

before i could do mount -t cifs //xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Tech -o username=johndoe,password=janedoe /mnt/mydirectory then go into storage management and add a directory the /mnt/mydirectory and then i could see and access all my iso files it worked just fine on proxmox 1.8 and 1.9 but not on 2.0 the files are there just unable to be seen in the gui any clues?!

Thanks for the link I'm trying resolution 2 with the symlink and what i got was another folder inside var/lib/vz/template/iso called linux guessing its the linux directory i have in my /mnt folder? anyways still no iso's show up really don't wanna have to copy over tons of iso's and this always worked on previous versions so why such a big change on 2.0?

I had this same problem. I redid the server, and now it works following dietmar's directions. Now, when I select the CD image, and click add under hardware, it says it does it, but then doesn't list it. Come to find out, it can't contain spaces in the ISO filename!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!