ISO Upload Failure

jmace

Feb 12, 2012
I am trying to upload the first DVD of CentOS 6.2 onto my storage disk through the user front end, and it always seems to fail. I have tried on four different occasions. I never lose collectivity between the two machines, so not quite sure what the problem is. Anyway that could be shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Error received

Code:
starting file import from: /var/tmp/CGItemp38375
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]target node: vs[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]target file: /mnt/sdb1/linux/template/iso/CentOS-6.2-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]file size is: 4423129088[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]command: cp /var/tmp/CGItemp38375 /mnt/sdb1/linux/template/iso/CentOS-6.2-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]TASK ERROR: import failed: cp: cannot stat `/var/tmp/CGItemp38375': No such file or directory
[/COLOR]

Secondly, is there a way that I can copy my ISO files outside of the web front end and have them show up in my storage container?

Thank you in advance,
Jim

yes, you can manually upload them, just scp the iso to /mnt/sdb1/linux/template/iso

if you are on windows, use winscp.net

Thank you very much. I wasn't sure if the web interface read directly off the filesystem or if metadata was stored in a database where transferring directly to my template/iso directory would not work correctly.

Thanks again,
Jim

yes, you can manually upload them, just scp the iso to /mnt/sdb1/linux/template/iso

if you are on windows, use winscp.net

I have no such directory on my proxmoxbox :eek:

/var/lib/vz/template/iso
is the default local dir for ISO.
Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

Cool. It's also great this forum is Tapatalk friendly.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

iam also having a similar problem. uploading iso in the web interface is slow and hangs up after starting then i get a connection lost using filezilla is faster but stopped as soon as it started and lost connection only way to get connection back is rebooting the host running proxmox ve 6.1 on 120gb ssd and 2tb for storage hosted at home on a hp elitedesk

I'm having a reproducible error like u/rocktkr86 . Uploading an iso through the proxmox interface results in my entire network crashing and I can't figure out why. Proxmox also hosts a pfsense vm for myself so if something is acting up in Proxmox during these iso uploads it's also resulting in my router VM crashing. Not sure how to proceed with diagnostics at this point. I instead uploaded through winscp and ran into no such issues.

Edit: I resolved this issue! When I was uploading an iso to my root disks, it was causing an IO delay which was then affecting network bandwidth/slow down of the server.

Last edited:
So how come this huge web GUI bug is not resolved?

everyone knows that it can be done from ssh.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!