Is possible to use AWS S3 in PBS?

Hi It is possible with mount s3 bucket to a directory. After mount you can create a datastore. Check this link to mount s3 bucket. https://www.nakivo.com/blog/mount-amazon-s3-as-a-drive-how-to-guide/
Hi,

In the guide that you posted, there is a step where the 'fuse' has to be deleted.

I tried the command, and it will also remove these packages:

ceph-fuse fuse glusterfs-client libpve-access-control libpve-cluster-api-perl libpve-guest-common-perl libpve-storage-perl librados2-perl proxmox-ve pve-cluster pve-container pve-firewall pve-ha-manager pve-manager qemu-server

Does Proxmox still work after I do this?

Hi,

In the guide that you posted, there is a step where the 'fuse' has to be deleted.

I tried the command, and it will also remove these packages:

ceph-fuse fuse glusterfs-client libpve-access-control libpve-cluster-api-perl libpve-guest-common-perl libpve-storage-perl librados2-perl proxmox-ve pve-cluster pve-container pve-firewall pve-ha-manager pve-manager qemu-server

Does Proxmox still work after I do this?
one reason to NOT install the PBS on the PVE. Reading that I understood it to be a PBS that is close to the S3 storage. Yes it'll be slow, so my advoce would be to NOT use it for the actual PBS of first backup, but rather a PBS that is synchronizing the already backed up stuff, as a DR/failover in case the primary PBS failed.

That said, I still would've liked to have PBS use S3 as a TAPE DRIVE LIBRARY
Just that would mean custom development

first, i think technically it is not necessary to delete any fuse packages.
second, using s3 as a "Library" with some kind of custom code would be great, i think alot of people would love that, i will talk to our developers whether they think they can help with something like that, since it would also benefit us

Reactions: entwicklung_jcd

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!