IPV6 connectivity for vms outside lan

bamboozilla

Dec 27, 2020
Hi, today I set up ipv6 on my router (opnsense), it's working out of the box on the proxmox host.
Likewise, I have an ipv6 inside of my vm.

The problem is apart from pinging ipv6 on my network, I can't ping / curl any ipv6 outside my lan.

Is there any simple solution to make it work?

Hey,

did you add the IPv6 address/CIDR and gateway to your bridge? Also, does your ISP support IPv6?

Last edited:
Hey, thank you for your answer!

Regarding the IPv6, my ISP supports it.
The other hosts on my network have a working IPv6, same for ping curl, accessing services.
It's only happening on VMS inside my proxmox host for now.

As for the configuration of my proxmox host, I didn't configure anything networkwise. I just added IPv6, it was picked up by the host and for some reason, even though the VM has a IPv6 address, it doesn't work.

"did you add the IPv6 address/CIDR and gateway to your bridge?"
Do I need to follow a specific procedure even if the proxmox host has a working IPv6 connectivity?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!