[SOLVED] IPv4 access lost after VM snapshot rollback

r4dh4l

Feb 5, 2018
Hi,

I had a problem after upgrading one of my VMs to Debian 11 so I made a rollback followed by a VM restart. Now the VM has lost it's IPv4 address, only IPv6 is available:
Screenshot_2022-06-11_00-50-27.png

My Proxmox version in use is: 6.4-14

Any ideas how this could happen and how I can get back the IPv4 address?

Last edited:
Hi,

how does the container get its IP addresses normally?

Thank your for your reply.

> how does the container get its IP addresses normally?

Via DCHP and I've changed nothing in my router config. The only thing I can remember which maybe could cause the problem is that I create the snapshot while the VM was running. Maybe I had to shutdown the VM to get a "clean" snapshot?

Last edited:
For some reason the VM got an IPv4 after shutting down and restarting instead of just rebooting.

/solved

Reactions: shrdlicka
Because I had the same problem with another VM: Maybe the DHCP lease time of my router was too long (3 weeks). After setting it to 30 minutes the VM got the usual IP back.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!