IP forwarding with DDNS:port to LXC

May 1, 2024
Hi, i am completely new to Proxmox, LXC and network management, it's just a hobby for me. I've installed Proxmox VE on an home server and create 2 LXC, so far so good.
Now I want to use a DDNS (provided by noip) to access all my server remotely by changing the port used.
Previously, on a standard Ubuntu server I had multiple minecraft and a plex service, to access them remotely i would simply use my DDNS domain with the custom ports I've configured in the services (obviously I've done some port forwarding on my router).

I've installed nginx proxy manager on LXC with tteck script helper and setup the noip services on that. If i ping my domain it works fine.
How can I forward from the domain: port to lxcIP: port?
I tried using the nginx web gui and added a new host but it didn't work.

By searching i saw that some people are using iptables or manually setup the nginx configuration by changing conf.d files. Is this mandatory? Doesn't web gui do that?

Any help is accepted and useful.
I don't often post, if you need more infos ask me.
I know my English is not perfect, hope i've made my point.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!