Intel IGP Passthrough - Invalid PCI ROM header signature

n1nj4888

Jan 13, 2019
Hi There,

Posting this more out of interest than an actual issue...

I’m getting the following error in the Proxmox host syslog when starting a VM with IGP passthrough:

Code:
Jun  8 16:08:51 pve-host1.local kernel: [309988.432878] vfio-pci 0000:00:02.0: Invalid PCI ROM header signature: expecting 0xaa55, got 0xd76f

I have an Intel NUC8i5BEH (with integrated Iris GPU) on which latest Proxmox is installed. The IGP is passed through to a VM running Plex and the VM is seemingly working ok and able to use Plex Hardware Transcoding (Intel QuickSync) features of the IGP/CPU.

I didn’t do anything special with the passthrough of the IGP other than enabling IOMMU on the Proxmox host and passing the IGP device through to the VM through the Proxmox GUI ...

... So, just intrigued whether I should be concerned about the kernel error above?

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!