Intel gvt-g not working with 6.2

Just wanted to add my 2cents.. I spent the last week fighting to get it enabled, kept getting stuck at the

Code:
ls "/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:00:02.0/mdev_supported_types"

coming back blank.

Turned out to be the same thing that @everwisher ran into, removing the kernel parameter: nomodeset (or i915.modeset=0) from /etc/default/grub.

Thanks for the help!

( tiny rant: in my experience, nobody cares about a 1920x1080 or 2k/4k console on proxmox, especially if you're using it in a production/DC environment where KVM capabilities/bandwidth matter. It should default to 800x600 zero gfx accel on, hence no modeset/etc. .all my production/lab boxes that DON'T use GVT-G use the following in grub config, in addition to blacklisting nouveau/nvidia/amdgpu/etc )

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="gfxpayload=text nomodeset"
GRUB_GFXMODE=800x600
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep
GRUB_TERMINAL=console
GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!