Intel 350 NIC No Longer Supported?

If you look at the boot-log, it looks like the virtual functions are (at least part of) your problem.
Try disabling those and see if it then boots. Besides that I guess the BIOS just doesn't enable enough resources for the scenario where the numerous virtual functions of the i350 are requesting resources as well.

I'll have to check, but I think I might be seeing a similar issue on an Intel S2600ST with its Intel X722 interfaces. I'll have to check for NVM updates, though and will also need to do cross-checks with older Kernels.

I do see a reference to VF when i look at the boot log, but I can't find where to disable them for that NIC. On my broadcom 10ge card it shows up as an option in BIOS. Also see an error that shows a memory address that looks like the MMCFG address in BIOS. I have tried changing that setting to see if anything changed without any luck. I may not be reading the log correctly, but it seems as though the kernel is having trouble mapping memory for the i350?

Attachments

• journalctl-b_grep-igb.txt
    848 bytes · Views: 3
Small update:
My S2600ST issue was solved through a Ethernet NVM-update. The interesting thing is, that the "BAR" errors still persist. However, the devices started working.
So, in all honesty, I have no real idea what exactly it is for your i350 controllers. However, it might be worth a try with an (most likely availble) nvm-update for that as well. With the right tools (buzzword "quartzville") saving the old config and trying a new one, might solve this.

Quick update: No progress on the X9DRi-LN4F+. I haven't tried the NVM-update yet. Been stupid busy getting my current project at work over the finish line. I will look into that this weekend since I don't go back to work until Monday. Like I said, the i350 works great under every other OS I've tried. I also have a Supermicro x10SR....something-or-other with the same onboard 4-port i350 and that one is working fine under v8. I didn't consider looking at it before because I'm not using the i350 on that one since I'm running 10g fiber. My latest idea is to grab the drivers from the x10 and see if they work on the x9. The journey continues.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!