[SOLVED] Install on Gigabyte Brix with AMD

Emilien and Peter,

Below is a screen shot of the network setting right after boot and when manually turned on. Emilien, adding the sleep 20 did not do anything.

View attachment 33689

Emilien and Peter,

Below is a screen shot of the network setting right after boot and when manually turned on. Emilien, adding the sleep 20 did not do anything.

View attachment 33689
looking at your screen where is vmbr0 ? , on mine it is that which gets the ip address not the enp2s0 interface .

looking at your screen where is vmbr0 ? , on mine it is that which gets the ip address not the enp2s0 interface .
I am not sure where the system gets vmbr0. It may be left over from the previous install which is on a NUC. I thought I did a clean install. I am going to just use gparted boot usb to wipe the drive and start over.

I am not sure where the system gets vmbr0. It may be left over from the previous install which is on a NUC. I thought I did a clean install. I am going to just use gparted boot usb to wipe the drive and start over.
o.k , so in pve / system / network / you should have made a linux bridge to bridge enp2s0 interface to vmbr0 or it would have been made by default .

Last edited:
For a fresh install the interfaces file looks ok. But could you edit the file as mentioned before? So adding the "auto enp2s0" before "iface enp2s0 ..." (and reboot).

The rc.local is now working on bring the interface up at boot. I change vmbr0 to emp2s0. The interface starts up in the up states, but no IP address is associated to the interface.

I am trying my best to follow all of the ideas and instructions, but so far I am not able to get the network to work at all. I also tried two usb network adadpter that I have with no luck. Both of the adadpter all have Realtek chipsets. I find it puzzling that during the install process the installer detected the network device fine and was able to use it to send out DHCP to get an IP. But after install, network just don't want to work.

I am trying my best to follow all of the ideas and instructions, but so far I am not able to get the network to work at all. I also tried two usb network adadpter that I have with no luck. Both of the adadpter all have Realtek chipsets. I find it puzzling that during the install process the installer detected the network device fine and was able to use it to send out DHCP to get an IP. But after install, network just don't want to work.
Try the latest kernel as suggested by Neobin.

Nope, just run:
apt update && apt install pve-kernel-5.15
reboot
and look the output of:
dmesg| grep eth0 dmesg| grep r8125 dmesg| grep r8169

Also with another usb ethernet adapter it is not going up with ip?
Can you post the output of dmesg| grep eth after you plugged in the usb adapter?

I wish I could, but without a IP on the interface there is no internet connectivity.

Look at the third link I posted above. You should get a IP from your DHCP server with: dhclient enp2s0

Don't forget to enable your subscription to have the enterprise repository usable OR (temporarily) add the no-subscription repo for the 5.15 kernel.

Don't know what you all modified before for troubleshooting, but it might be better to start from scratch with a fresh and clean install...

Look at the third link I posted above. You should get a IP from your DHCP server with: dhclient enp2s0

Don't forget to enable your subscription to have the enterprise repository usable OR (temporarily) add the no-subscription repo for the 5.15 kernel.

Don't know what you all modified before for troubleshooting, but it might be better to start from scratch with a fresh and clean install...
I will give it a shot. I will be over the moon if I am able to just ping my router.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!