Incremental backups Configuration

hakim_riad

Oct 9, 2024
Hello,

I am reaching out to inquire about the possibility of configuring incremental backups for virtual machines in a Proxmox virtual environment.
Is it possible to configure incremental backups without Proxmox Backup Server ?

Could you please provide guidance on the process or any best practices you recommend?

Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

• each and every backup transports only new/modified data from the source to the PBS. It works incrementally/differentially. The whole shebang ist only transported once!
  • each and every backup looks like a full backup. The magic of the "chunks" and de-duplication does work.

Disclaimer: I am just a user... :cool:

Could you please provide guidance on the process or any best practices you recommend?
It is not possible to do incremental backups without PBS using the built-in tools.
If you configure backups to local/NAS-storage using VZdump it will be a full back-up every time the backup runs.

BR,
Richard

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!